Troop 690
History
Troop 690 was formed in 1954 at Thaw Elementary School.  The
Troop moved to the Valley Sport mans Club circa 1957.  The
troop has only had three scoutmasters, who were Joe Cindric,
Phil Thewes, and present scoutmaster  Warren Vail.  In the past
fifty years, the troop has been active in the community as well as
in the district and council.  Some of the community projects the
troop has been involved in are Adopt a highway (14 years),
Scouting for food (16 years), as well as other civic events. The
troop has participated in popcorn sales, council camporees,
district camporees, and the spaghetti dinner.  The troop prides
itself on having approximately eighty percent of its members
belonging to the Order of the Arrow (National Honors Society of
Camping).  We camps ten months out of twelve at various sites
and activities. Our goal is to make our scouts self sufficient and
hopefully Eagle Scouts.