Purpose
The purpose of the Order of the
Arrow is fourfold:

To recognize those Scout campers
who best exemplify the Scout Oath
and Law in their daily lives
To develop and maintain camping
traditions and spirit
To promote Scout camping
To crystallize the Scout habit of
helpfulness into a life purpose of
leadership in cheerful service to others
History
The Order of the Arrow (OA) was
founded by Dr. E. Urner Goodman
and Carroll A. Edson in 1915 at the
Treasure Island Camp of the
Philadelphia Council, Boy Scouts of
America. It became an official program
experiment in 1922 and was approved
as part of the Scouting program in
1934.

In 1948 the OA, recognized as the
BSA's national brotherhood of honor
campers, became an official part of the
national camping program of the Boy
Scouts of America.
All Content Taken From The National
OA Website
Click here to view our
Lodges website
Back to Homepage
Copyright 2006 BSA Troop 690
" The Brotherhood of Cheerful Service"